Sunday 25 September 2016

Lifestyle Talk - My dream weekend car

Jason and I have been fortunate enough to own a car since 2010 but functionality has always been right at the top of the list. Jason owns a sports and fitness company, Team Axis Pte Ltd, so a good boot space always come into good use to transport equipment.

When Volkswagen contacted me for a weekend drive, I was really hoping to get a ride where I have never tried before, something out of our list of cars to own. And here’s the car we got for the weekend, the amazing Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet!!

The Specs 

The Look

With the large amount of car models in Singapore, not many models can leave a deep impression. But that is totally untrue with the Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet. Since its debut in 1985, the Golf Cabriolet has proven to be a successful and trendy model.

1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet
31 years on, the Golf Cabriolet remains current and just as appealing with a touch of advanced technology. At the front of the car, onlookers will be drawn to the distinctive LED headlights. I love the design flow of the LED headlights and the front grilles, giving it a very simple but sporty feel. 


From the side, the big alloy sports rims exclaims that there is only one way to drive this car….FAST!!!


And once the top comes down, the level of fun is really up to your imagination!


The Cabin

Jason has changed 3 cars over the period of 6 years and the cabin has always been black. But not for the Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet. This car is decked with sporty red leather seats, creating a really vibrant cabin experience.


Apart from the nice and clean cabin design, it is very spacious as well. This car has no problem fetching passengers at the back.


The Ride

Jason is currently driving the 2016 BMW X1 and so the ride experience has been relatively high. The cabin is also very spacious due to the high head room. But nothing beats a car that has its top down! The feeling is out of this world, okay at least out of Singapore! Those roads that we drive up and down on a daily basis now becomes a breath of fresh air. I was able to hear, feel and smell the surroundings and this feeling is extraordinary.


According to Jason, the Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet is a really easy car to drive and I could feel it. Within minutes, Jason started to drive the car faster and tackling corners with joy. I could also see a constant smile on his face, the usual expression when he’s having a lot of fun! :) Almost like a boy in a candy store. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.


As for me, I really like the design of the car seat. It keeps me snuggly in place through the fast corners and really makes me feel safe. I also love to hear how the 1.4 DSG Turbo engine sounds at higher RPM. The punchy engine gives the ride lots of character and we simply love it.


Thank you Volkswagen! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to admit, I can't totally agree with your evaluation of your new car. I guess I'm just more used to vehicles with a bit more power. I will say however, that for your lifestyle and area, you two look really cute in your new Golf. It is a slick-looking vehicle that seems to be perfect for a metro-gal like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Your ideal weekend getaway vehicle sounds incredible! It's the ideal option for an opulent and exhilarating vacation because of its sleek appearance and strong engine. What an amazing experience it would be to cruise along beautiful routes with the wind in my hair I'm taking a much-needed break from the academic grind with your post as I work on gathering dissertation data collection help.. I get my motivation from daydreaming about that weekend road trip to get through the arduous research grind. It's amazing how a car obsession can infuse our otherwise hectic lives with a little excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete